Pack Calculation Pro
Whether you are retrofitting an existing refrigeration or heating system, or creating a new system from scratch, Pack Calculation Pro can provide a thorough comparison of different solutions.
Pack Calculation Pro is designed to compare different system designs, control strategies and refrigerants for your project, by calculating yearly energy consumption, as well as Life Cycle Costing (LCC) and Total Equivalent Warming Impact (TEWI).
We kick-start your calculations by reducing the amount of data you should provide, among others by using load profiles and weather data to calculate the performance. We also select well-proven default values for most coefficients and parameters, though you can always customize the preferences, and import your own load profile data, to meet your specific needs.
Our comprehensive database of real compressors, maintained in cooperation with OEMs, makes it possible to compare performance of different products using a single definition for the operating conditions.
Get Pack Calculation Pro
For commercial use, and to enable all features, an annual subscription license must be purchased.
- You can start your Pack Calculation Pro subscription through MyCommerce Share-It.
- Available payment methods depend on currency and billing country, and will be presented during the ordering process.
- You can generate a quote yourself if needed, by selecting the “Request Quote” option.
- Check out MyCommerce’s FAQ for many sales related questions
For a full overview of licensing options, especially for personal or educational use and for resellers, please visit https://www.ipu.dk/pack-calculation-pro-license/
Please note that from version 5.0, personal use requires registration. See activation instructions for personal use.
You can cancel a running subscription by clicking the cancel link in the order confirmation e-mail, by contacting MyCommerce shopper support, or by contacting IPU software support. German users can also cancel their subscription using this form at MyCommerce Share-It.
Download Pack Calculation Pro
Download Pack Calculation Pro – 5.2.5 – (May 9th 2022)
If you need further information, or need an older version, please get in touch at ipu.freshdesk.com.
- Fix crash during plotting, when heat pump unable to resolve evaporation temperature
- Fix two bugs causing over-estimated power consumption for parallel compressors, especially at low parallel pack capacity
- Fix crash when using free cooling on 64-bit version
- Fix to selecting multiple R1234ze(E) compressors in pack
Version 5.2 (2022-03-14) introduces:
- Add ‘One-stage transcritical, ejector‘ model
- Add ‘Two-stage Cascade heat pump‘ model
- Frascold: Import 511 new CX and SRC compressors for R134a, R290, R448A, R449A, R513A, R1234ze(E)
- Bitzer: Import 837 new 60 Hz compressors, 365 new 50 Hz compressors, and update 472 existing 50 Hz compressors. CSH/CSW/HHK/HS/OHK/OS families
- Fix: CO(S)P calculation for heat pumps in plots and exports now based on condensing capacity – these were based on evaporator capacity until now. Now COSP values align properly with Average COP in Summary.
- Several instabilities in Cooling Tower calculations fixed, including application crashes in the 64-bit version. Only affects under-dimensioned cooling towers – so simulations that before ran without warnings will still return same results.
- Fixed unit of mWater and VAir coming from calculations, data was in kg/s and m3/s respectively, but is now in kg/h and m3/h to fit with nomenclature. Affects all simulations with cooling tower
- Bug fixes regarding simulation of variable speed parallel compressors
- Improvements to memory usage.
v5.0 (2021-04-21) introduced:
- Long-awaited refrigerants: R32, R448A, R449A, R450A, R513A, R1234yf, R1234ze(E)
- Automatic check for updates, which can help you keep up to date. You still have to download + install yourself though.
- Parallel compression and bypass valve can now operate simultaneously, making these simulations more realistic.
Features / Functionality
Some of the highlights of the extensive feature set include:
- Calculate performance each hour of the year (= 8760 operating points)
- Use weather data for more than 3700 cities around the world*
- Choose between 11 commonly used cycles
- One-stage, two-stage, cascade systems
- Variants: Transcritical*, CO2 Booster*, open/closed intercooler, liquid injection, parallel compression*, ejector*
- Heat pump:
- One-stage subcritical
- Two-stage cascade, subcritical*
- Use modern refrigerants* such as R1234yf and R448A
- Choose from around 10000 commercially available compressor to build your system
- Bitzer, Bock (GEA), Copeland (Emerson), Danfoss, Dorin, Frascold
- Calculate Life Cycle Costs (LCC)
- Get an overview of both energy consumption and carbon footprint (TEWI)
- Calculate payback time
- Switch between European and American units*
- Create reports in PDF and Microsoft Word*
- And much more!
*: Only available with professional license
The manual provides many of the calculation equations, if you would like to dive deeper and study the way things are calculated.
You can help us …
For maintaining and improving the product, your feedback as a user is very important to us.
If you make a translation, we will keep you informed of new versions of Pack Calculation Pro before they are released, so that you are able to update any missing translations in the new version. Please check the following page for more information:
If you are missing specific components / compressors, or are an OEM and would like your data to be included, please get in touch.
We can help you …
…with answering your questions about Pack Calculation Pro
Visit our technical support helpdesk and browse through issues and frequently asked questions. This website is also the best way to get in contact with the right person at IPU, whether you would like to report a bug, you have a feature request or you would like to hear about the future development of Pack Calculation Pro.
…with providing tailored functionality
If you would like us to implement tailored functionality for your company in Pack Calculation Pro, we are glad to assist. Simply get in touch with any of the contacts listed below to discuss the possibilities for implementing a custom version or a modified feature for you and your company.
Read more about IPU and our services here.